Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An Ode to Angie

Posted on 10:21 PM by Brit

To my dear friend, Angie,
whom I saw earlier today.
Your presence was unnerving
and made me want to run away.

Pull ups by the dozens? And
a hundred push ups to follow?
Before forcing me to do sit ups
that make my core feel far from hollow?

And to top it off with squats,
when my body already feels like jelly.
It'd be okay if it weren't for time,
and if you weren't a b*&^# about me being smelly.

I can't help it that I sweat a lot and
that my hands started to bleed.
It was my first time RX'd tonight;
this isn't the support I need.

I know that my pull ups and push ups
could be much stronger,
and that I should have repped through my squats faster
instead of sandbagging and taking longer.

But everyone was watching me
and I felt a bit self-conscious.
Not to mention, a little aggravated I was the last one standing
and feeling a bit nauseous.

Nonetheless, I persevered
and finished in just over thirty,
falling to the floor,
feeling sweaty, bloody and dirty.

You are one nasty girl, Angie;
I think you scare me more than Fran.
Now please leave me alone for awhile,
so that I can take care of my torn hands.

3 comments:

  1. You are a real trooper!

    By the way, Jelli beat us both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, SERIOUSLY! Does it get any better than that.

    Very creative and dead-on-balls-accurate. Nice job, Brit. Both with the ode AND the WOD.

    FYI, there's a sale at Walgreens on Neosporin. Get the "Pain-Free" treatment. It works oh so nice.

    ReplyDelete