Friday, September 18, 2009

America Runs on Dunkin'...

Posted on 8:00 AM by Brit

Wanted: The "Hunger" Monster (and donuts)

...and I run on beef and eggs, more or less. (I apologize; I bought a black coffee at Dunkin' Donuts this morning and the label is almost literally staring me in the face). Although I have been continually keeping track of my calories this past week on the DailyPlate. I'll just let you in on how I've been feeling lately.

Honestly, I feel pretty dang fantastic. Although I've been having some major cravings lately (let's just say it's a woman's issue), I have managed to stay relatively far away from that furry orange creature they've labeled as "hunger" on the Weight Watchers commercials (see above) and limited my indulgences to almond butter and 85% dark chocolate (both of which I might add are delicious). I've also somehow managed to stay on a regular eating schedule. I've fasted every day this week so far for at least twelve hours in between eating times.

Personally, I like fasting. I get to eat a lot and then I don't have to worry about food for awhile. My random teaching/working schedule sort of works well with this method. I think this is because when I'm at school, I would rather focus on school and catching up on my work (Because let's be honest: No one actually likes to grade papers when they have the opportunity to do, well, anything else beside grade papers). Regardless, I think things are working out pretty well and that I am seeing some difference (albeit very little) even though I refuse to weigh myself.

Now you're probably wondering: Why would she refuse to weigh herself? Isn't that part of the challenge? Well, yes it is, but I would rather wait to weigh myself until absolutely necessary. I have a tendency to obsess over my weight (like really obsess) whenever I weigh myself because it is never low enough for my liking. As a result, I try to go by how I feel rather than what the number says on the scale. It's my way of keeping my sanity.

Anyhow, that is how my eating habits have been lately. I should also mention that I did the burpee/running WOD yesterday morning in my front yard. It was horrible, and by horrible, I mean kind of awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Pssh, you missed an awesome deadlift strength day and a DL/SDHP WOD. Good, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I heard! I am so sad. I heart deadlifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both. I sent text messages to many expressing my sadness. I just stopped crying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds familiar. :( Sad. Especially given that we missed this evening due to no kid-watcher... so I'm out a day this week.
    I'll have to find some way to make it up to myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dunkin dounuts coffee is delicious! And it's fun to walk into a place like that to see a 250lbs+ person ordering a dozen dounuts and remind ourselves why we don't consume those filthy grains and caustic sugars :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to get coffee "polluted" (cream/milk and sugar) and, having lived in Boston, love Dunkin Donuts. I made the mistake last summer of actually watching a DD employee make my iced coffee. Holy crap do they put a ton of sugar in it.

    ReplyDelete