Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fell Down Seven Times, Got Up Eight

Posted on 10:00 PM by Brit

Today was not a good day for me CrossFit-wise. For some reason or another I was just exhausted when I arrived at the Fort, and it didn't help that I wasn't exactly mentally prepared for the tasks laid out in front of me: 2000 meter row time trial (9:03.2 = absolutely terrible for me), three sets of five weighted ring dips (2.5kg - 5kg - 10kg (PR)) and nine rounds of nine body rows and nine push ups (10:02). It actually wasn't until I was done with the WOD that I actually felt a little more energetic and felt up for more strength and skill work; however, since it was getting late and I didn't want to interrupt the Ramp-Up class going on, I decided to go home.

On my drive home I contemplated my performance, going back and forth between scolding myself and reassuring myself that I was trying to change my diet and that everyone has their (in my case, really) bad days. However, my mule streak kicked in (thanks Grandma) and I decided that I would have to do an additional rowing WOD to take back my title as well as put myself up there on board for weighted ring dips. I know it doesn't seem like much but it makes me feel better about the whole situation.

No Response to "Fell Down Seven Times, Got Up Eight"

Leave A Reply