Friday, September 25, 2009

Brittany World in Five Minutes or Less

Posted on 9:37 AM by Brit

Remember awhile back when I mentioned that school was taking over my life? Well, it has not really gotten any better and may not for at least another week. As a result, I figured I would give you all a crash course in what's happening in "Brittany World" since I haven't been as diligent as I would like to be with my blog lately. So here has what has happened to me this past week in five minutes or less.

Saturday: I ran a 10k. My goal was to run the race in somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes; I finished in 55 minutes exactly. Needless to say, I was less than pleased. Throughout the entire race, my feet and legs were heavy. I was never able to find a good (and/or comfortable) pace; instead, I felt drudged down and tired. Lucky for me, my mom's apple pie made me feel better.

Sunday: I took a rest day and spent the majority of it driving seven plus hours back home from my parents' house in Minnesota. I also ate like crap. I'll chalk it up to emotional eating from my less than stellar performance in the 10k and my lackluster "I'm on vacation" claim.

Monday: I went to the Fort. We completed push presses; my highest was 50, which I'm not sure if it was a PR or not. We also did seven rounds of 10 box jumps (30") and 10 SDHP (30kg). I finished the WOD in 5:48 and thought I was pretty bad ass because I thought I had beat Stacy. Then I realized that she had done 35 instead of 30 and I was immediately humbled. I also did not recognize that I had, in fact, made it back from vacation because I did eat some cake. Whoops.

Tuesday: We worked on our snatches. Like last time, Stephanie and I shared a bar (even though she can lift far more than me). I did reps of 3-2-1-1-1. I completed 30-35-40-40-and then failed at 42.2 before moving onto the WOD, which as three 6:00 AMRAP rounds of 25 double unders, 10 sprawls and a 100 meter sprint. I was able to complete three full rounds each time as well as about fifteen double unders (give or take a few). I was also able to get my puffy butt back on my diet. Hello - better eating.

Wednesday: I had every intention of going to the early morning class but then decided it would be more to my benefit to go to school early. The result? A rest day. It was also a good food day too.

Thursday: I went to the state park across the way since I wouldn't be able to make it into the Fort. I turned on Phil (my iPod + Nike guy who talks to me and records my time). According to Phil, I ran 6 miles in 50 minutes. Now why didn't I do that last week? Ugh.

Oh. I ate well yesterday too. It feels good to be back on the perimeter and out of sugary, puffiness Hades.

Friday aka Today: I'm currently grading papers and deciding what WOD I will do on my own if I have time before going to my other job. I'll let you know what happens.

Okay... so that's all I got for you. I would have made an exciting video for all of you to watch regarding my week but that would have taken more than ten minutes and I unfortunately have to go back to grading papers. See you all later.

No Response to "Brittany World in Five Minutes or Less"

Leave A Reply