Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bawl Baby

Posted on 10:39 AM by Brit

I went to the Fort Wednesday for the routine WOD, and I have to admit that my performance was not nearly as exciting as our visitor Jar_n 's (insert your vowel here; I don't want to spell his name incorrectly). I can't deadlift so much weight that the bar is bending. Jennie and I even tried to pick it up together and it was a no go; however, I digress.

On Wednesday, started with the push jerk (3-2-1-1-1) before we did this little number:

AMRAP in 12:00:

5 handstand push ups [HSPU]
10 body rows
15 heavy kettlebell swings (32 kg/24 kg)

As far as the push jerks go, I did 35-40 - 45 - 50 - 52.2 kg, which was a PR for me. I'm not sure if I could have done 55 or not, my form is not the best on my push jerks. I have the same problem with them thatI do with my cleans: I need to quit being such a baby and drop under the bar more.

In regards to the WOD, I was able to complete five rounds plus five HSPUs, ten body rows and ten kettlebell swings. I did my first round of HSPU with just the 25 kilo plate below my head. I repped through them but knew I would be struggling (and I was afraid that I would face plant into the plate: I have issues with looking through my handstands) if I tried to maintain that depth, so after a rep or two my first round I put the ab mat on top of my plate. Unfortunately, it was then too easy. I should have gone back to using just the plate at that point but the fear of crushing my face took over and I stuck with the ab mat.

As far as kettlebell swings go, I also have some form issues, which were easily remedied. I wasn't bending over far enough, and I appreciated Bill correcting my form during the WOD because it helped with that 20 kg bell.

In regards to the body rows - well, they were body rows. I did them. I got through them and really don't have much to say about that. Overall though, it was a good workout. I just wish I hadn't sandbagged on the HSPUs. I'm such a baby.

No Response to "Bawl Baby"

Leave A Reply