Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Whole Lot of Random: Cleans, Mr. Big, Sled Drags & the Green-Eyed Monster

Posted on 12:52 PM by Brit

Yesterday, I went to the Fort and we were doing cleans as a part of our strength workout. As far as my cleaning ability goes, I am better with a vaccum than I am with a barbell; however, I'm trying to be positive (Yay cleans!) and improve my form so that I can cross cleans off my list as something that I am less than stellar at. It would actually make me really happy to be good at cleans. Lucky for me, I have Bill and Jennie there to pinpoint my exact problem and then outline the correct steps to correct it. Also, lucky for me, Mr. Big came on the satellite radio yesterday in between sets so that Jennie and I could have a sing-a-long. I realize that Mr. Big is the atypical workout song but it helped lighten my mood in my otherwise frustrating situation.

Unfortunately, Mr. Big had to go away with the rest of the 80's (of course, that is otherwise very fortunate in many cases), and I was immediately brought back to present day to complete four sled drags across the drive. I'm kind of weird, but I like sled drags, even when Mrs. Yundt is beside me and kicking my ass. (She is speedy, people... and super strong and looks fantastic. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd hate her if I didn't want to be like her.) Regardless of Speedy beside me and the green-eyed monster gnawing on my quads, I only remember the time of my last sled drag, which was 20 seconds to drag the tire across the driveway.

Overall though, it was more of a successful day than not. I got some great advice on correcting my clean form, did fairly well during handstand practice (yeah... we did those too), got to drag a tire behind me (which oddly enough I enjoy) and was able to listen to some Mr. Big. If that's not a good Monday, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That was the best sing-a-long EVER. I'm totally adding Mr. Big to my "lessen the suck" playlist.

    Your cleans are coming along nicely. I didn't see the slow elbows problem anymore, which gives me great hope. You're on your way to TOTAL CLEAN DOMINATION.

    And I have NO CLUE what got into me with those sled drags. I h14 sled drags because up until Monday night, I had been pitiful at them, and they made me re-taste my banana. I think it was the meatloaf I had for lunch that made me faster. :-) And thanks for the kind words, you're making me blush.

    ReplyDelete