Sunday, August 23, 2009

Holly's Honor and Bill's Brainchild

Posted on 5:26 PM by Brit


Everyone after the WOD. Don't we look like we had fun?

I went to the Fort this past Saturday for some "Team Challenge" fun. It was Holly's last day at the Fort before she returned to school, and to commemorate the event, Bill came up with the following workout:

In Teams of 5 or 6 you must complete the following:
  • 1 lap around the building tire flips (400lb tire)
  • 250 wall ball shots (20/14lb) - no scaling
  • 250 double unders
  • 250 burpees
  • 250 calories on the rower
  • Sled drags - each team has 230kg of plates. All plates must be dragged 50 meters to the end of the parking lot, stacked, and then drug back.

You could complete the movements in any order, and everyone could be working at the same time. Each team only had one wall ball target, two jump ropes, and one rower.

Bill assigned the teams and I was fortunate enough to be placed with The Garth Show, Matt (Weltzer), Jessica and Jeanne. While we were strategizing, it was decided that The Show and Matt would complete the tire flips as well as begin moving the heavy weight on the sled drags while Jessica and Jeanne rowed and completed burpees. I was designated the jump-roper of the group (Is that even a word?) and was assigned the task of 250 doubles unders. After that, we would complete the other exercises as needed.

I'm going to overexert my influence/power here and speak for the rest of my team: Bill's brainchild did not disappoint. This was an epic WOD (and my legs still hurt). Here's how this went down for yours truly.

I completed all of the double unders by primarily doing sets of 10-15. For some reason or another I had trouble stringing more than that together after awhile. Once I was finished with the double unders, I moved on to the wall balls, simply because Jessica and Jeanne were still upstairs rowing and doing burpees and I didn't know what else to do. During the wall balls, I attempted to keep time with Jennie as much as possible (which did not work, let's be serious) as well as realized my deep love for powerful fans (Jennie was smart enough to turn on the fan in between sets). Jessica soon left Jeanne on the rower and came downstairs to to help me out with the wall balls. We decided that we would switch back and forth for a couple of rounds before heading outside to help Garth and Matt with the sled drags.

In the end, we were able to finish in second place with a time just over 39 minutes. All around though, everyone did a phenomenal job, and did I mention that my legs still hurt?

Here are some more pictures from Saturday:


Me completing a sled drag while the rest of my team follows to help, and The Garth Show showing his support for his team as only he could mid-workout: Shirtless and throwing love signs.

Jennie and I not hiding our sadness about Holly's leaving at her going away party. It was very sad. People shouldn't leave us. Look what it does.

PS: Good luck, Holly! Come visit us soon!

No Response to "Holly's Honor and Bill's Brainchild"

Leave A Reply