Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Miss Productivity

Posted on 3:30 PM by Brit

When I woke up today, I decided that it was necessary for me to be productive. For one, school is quickly approaching and the more prep work I do now, the more time I have for life. For two, I was supposed to meet a friend in the afternoon for a little joint birthday celebration. (I told her that we could just celebrate her birthday twice, but she was not having it.) The combination of these two circumstances led me to a conclusion that I needed to quickly decide on a WOD to do and get after it. As a result, I decided to go with a workout that I had seen on the CrossFit headquarters discussion forum sometime last week:

  • Run 1 mile
  • 80 burpees
  • Run 800 meters
  • 40 burpees
  • Run 400 meters
  • 20 burpees

Well, when I added up the burpees it didn't make sense to me just to do 140. If you're already doing 140, why not just add the extra ten and do 150? Or maybe I'm the odd one and just have this thing about numbers. Who knows? Regardless, I did change the WOD slightly so that it would calm my apparent OCD and came up with the following:

  • Run 1 mile
  • 75 burpees
  • Run 800 meters
  • 50 burpees
  • Run 400 meters
  • 25 burpees

I'll just tell you outright that I don't know how long the WOD took me. When I finished I was disgusted when I realized that I had apparently failed to activate the button on my iPod stopwatch like I thought I had. (Okay, I was kind of pissed off as I laid there, sprawled out on the grass with sweat dripping down my face). Either way, it was a good workout and probably one I'll have to do again in the future, just so I can add my time to my record book.

No Response to "Miss Productivity"

Leave A Reply