Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello Nikki. I, mean, moron.

Posted on 5:02 PM by Brit

Last week, CrossFit's "Nicole" made an appearance:


In 20:00, AMRAP:

  • Max Pull ups
  • 400 Meter run

I saw this WOD and the first words out of my mouth were "Ew." Can you guess why? Exactly: Max pull ups. They did a workout similar to this a few weeks ago at the Fort as well, which was max pull ups and sprints I do believe. I also believe I was horribly relieved I was that I decided not to go to the Fort that day because I would have been running a lot. Regardless, after knocking myself over the head a few times about this WOD, I decided it would be better for me to do it than skip it. I did, however, decide to do a variation so that I wouldn't running copious amounts (remember my "no more running" deal?) and would rather be focusing on my pull ups.

Instead of regular "Nicole," I decided to hang out with "Nikki" for awhile:

In 20:00, AMRAP:

  • 10 Pull ups
  • 400 Meter run

Sounds reasonable, right? I thought so. I figured that this way I would spend more time concentrating on my pull ups and my kipping instead of running. It was a nice thought - in theory. The only problem was that I estimated my running route before I started, and when I went back to check the exact distance, I found that I ended up running about 600 meters opposed to 400. (Nice work, Brit. I should probably call this workout "The Moron" instead.) The only good thing about my mistake is that it helped me understand why I only completed five rounds. Guess I'll just have to do this one again - correctly - when my hand heals. Yes, I tore my hand again. See? What'd I tell you? Moron.

Not the brightest crayon in the box, are we?

No Response to "Hello Nikki. I, mean, moron."

Leave A Reply