Thursday, August 20, 2009

Keep on Keepin' On

Posted on 9:17 PM by Brit

I haven't blogged for the past couple of days because unfortunately I haven't worked out in the past couple of days. I've kind of been engrossed in my preparations for the upcoming semester and allowed myself a couple of unnecessary rest days. As a result, when I made my list of "things to do today" this morning, I was adamant about getting a WOD in before my afternoon meetings. Well, when I realized I had unfortunately left my book and list of travel workouts in my car (and I didn't want to go get them because then my book would be forever on my desk opposed to taking its needed steps back to the shelf at the Fort), I began scouring the web for potential workouts. Lucky for me I didn't have to look too far, as this is what the coaches at CrossFit Twin Cities provided me with:

  • 50 push-ups
  • 100 meter row
  • 40 push-ups
  • 200 meter row
  • 30 push-ups
  • 300 meter row
  • 20 push-ups
  • 400 meter row
  • 10 push-ups
  • 500 meter row
Since I do not have a rower stashed in my basement (I have a canoe in my garage but that's not the same thing), I decided to go with, you guessed it, running. Admittedly, I did not want to make the exchange as it was a bit blustery this afternoon and I dislike running when it's windy; however, I sucked it up and altered the workout in that respect.

After measuring all my distances out beforehand (I learned my lesson), I ventured out onto my front lawn to start doing push-ups. I was particularly pleased with my first round of push-us because I cranked out twenty, which is a lot for me. Unfortunately, thereafter the most I was ever able to string together was six or seven. Also, I actually did a lot of one rep push-ups because, well, I suck at push-ups and because I wanted to continue doing chest to floor or at the very least, nose to ground.

In regards to my running ability, I was a bit off. I'm not sure if it's because my legs have been in a permanent sitting position the past two days or maybe it was just the dang wind, but I was kind of dogging it. In fact, it wasn't until I reached my 400 and 500 meter runs that I actually felt like I was even beginning to hit my stride.

In the end, the whole ordeal took me 23:44, which I guess I have to live with even though I don't particularly want to. Life isn't fair though, as we all know, because it it was, I'd be amazing at pull-ups, cleans, have a sub-5:00 Fran time and be able to keep myself from eating too much almond butter. Guess I'll just have to keep working on it, and I guess I'll just have to keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa Brit. Hating on almond butter? Double U Tee Eff?

    And I hear you on the pullups...I really and truly suck at them. To paraphrase: My pullups are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I would NEVER hate on almond butter. I just feel like I eat too much of it because it is SO delicious.

    ReplyDelete