Friday, July 31, 2009

A Run with The Garth Show

Posted on 10:30 AM by Brit

I told The Garth Show about my running excursion the other day and suggested that we take a field trip with some people to check out the trail sometime. Garth is very enthusiastic about taking on - well - pretty much everything CrossFit related but he's also a strong runner. I figured he would probably be up for a challenging run and would also probably help me trick others into going as well. So when I told him about the trail, he was up for it - but he also posed his own challenge, a trail, which amounts to about a 10K, at one of the nearby state parks, 6 am, this Thursday (yesterday).

Now I was a bit hesitant simply because I have been running too much lately and realize I need to be working on other things; however, I've never really been one to step down from a challenge either. I guess in this case the id won out because there I was 6 am sharp, standing in a wooded parking lot, getting ready to run with The Show.

I was standing there, one of my earbuds when Garth asked me if I was ready. I kind of nodded, still a little distracted by my music, and he took off. Not to be left behind so early in the game, I began running and fidgeting with my music as I ran. Once I found the appropriate playlist, I focused all my attention on keeping time with him.

During the run, I felt that I did a fair job of keeping up with him, although there were times where I was worried that I was slowing him down; however, he kept me going at a good pace, especially during the many hills we tackled on the way. Overall, it was a good run and a good track. We punched out 5.6 miles or a 9K in about 45 minutes. Of course, he finished ahead of me (was there ever any doubt?) but I was able to be right there behind him. It wasn't as an eventful run as my run the other day but it was a great workout, and we both decided that we'll take on the Lake Geneva trail someday too - just to mix things up a bit.

Now: No. More. Running (at least for a little bit...)

No Response to "A Run with The Garth Show"

Leave A Reply