Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Burpees for Cash

Posted on 9:20 AM by Brit

If you've been following the CrossFit Games site (http://games2009.crossfit.com/), then you would have noticed the other day that Amanda Miller of CrossFit Fairfax held a little burpee fundraiser to help pay her way to this year's Games. The plan was people would donate a certain amount of cash for every burpee done (without resting) within 10 minutes. Sounds awesome, right? Heck yeah it is, and what makes it even better is that she plans to donate any leftover money to the Fisher House, which provides housing for military families while their loved ones are in the hospital. The whole concept is ingenious, and I applaud her for her efforts and hopes she kills it at the Games. Good luck Amanda!

I've provided the link to the video here: Amanda Miller Burpee Fundraiser: [wmv] [mov]. Watch it. This woman is bad a$$, and it's not just because of her tattoos. She did 131 burpees in 10 minutes. I don't care who you are. That's a lot of burpees.

On a side note, I decided to do this WOD yesterday (AMRAP in 10 minutes of: Burpees without rest) just to see how I measured up. What I tried to pay particular attention to was the pacing of the WOD. Miller mentions in her video that she had a difficult time pacing this workout. I'm with her on this because I tend to go full out, crash and then do sets of five or so; however, I found that pacing myself helped me simply because I rested less than I normally do. And yes, unfortunately I rested for a few seconds here and there.

In the end, I did not reach 131. Let's. Get. Serious. However, I did break a hundo - 102, which I am happy with at the moment. Now... I only wish that people were donating cash to me so I could go to the Games and watch...

No Response to "Burpees for Cash"

Leave A Reply