Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Excuse me, wall. I didn't see you there..."

Posted on 9:11 AM by Brit

The metaphorical wall I ran into yesterday.

I had a hard time motivating myself to workout yesterday. I had planned on making my way to the Fort or a playground (I'll explain later) when I realized that time had slipped away from me that afternoon. So instead, I hit my long list of vacation WOD's, began perusing, and then decided on the following WOD:

100 Jumping Jacks

75 Squats

50 Push ups

25 Burpees

I figured it would be a nice, quick metcon since I was pressed for time, and I was right. I was done in a little over ten minutes, 10:19.3 if you want specifics. I did the jumping jacks unbroken, nearly did three sets of 25 unbroken squats (I was a little better at working through the suck on this yesterday), and then bumped into a wall when I got to the push ups.

It was not that my push ups were bad. They were chest to floor; however, I initially wanted to try and do all of my push ups in sets of ten. I was feeling overly ambitious, what can I say? That, of course, did not happen and I ended up breaking down my reps to sets of five and then sometimes even three. My sets of three appeared when I felt my form breaking down. I was coming out of my push up, up dog style (I'm being serious here - this is a legit yoga pose). Not good, and not wanting to get struck down by the CrossFit gods, I did a few extra push ups to make up for those that were less than spectacular. Then came the burpees.

So if I bumped into a wall when I got to the push ups, I freaking ran into the wall headfirst when I reached the burpees. My arms and my legs were not feeling overly friendly at that point, and I was unable to do them unbroken like I wanted to, even with pacing. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed in my burpee ability yesterday.

All in all, it was a good, quick metcon, (and wow... I NEVER thought I would say this...) but I really want to get some lifting in soon. Seriously, never thought I would say that...

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Brit! Good time for the WOD.

    Always remember and drill this into your skull - TRUE CrossFitters love to lift heavy shit! You should be proud you thought and said that. You need to lift. It's what makes you. It's who you are.

    Saturday team challenge - be there!

    ReplyDelete