Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 21st = Good Day

Posted on 9:47 AM by Brit

What's that? Yesterday was fabulous? How right you are.

I'll keep this brief. Yesterday was terrific for three reasons and only one was non-CrossFit related:
  1. I got another teaching gig at one of the local colleges (Huge for me and for obvious reasons).
  2. I ran a 5K in 23:12, a time that was almost three and a half minutes faster than than the previous leading female time on the record board.
  3. I made the record board for doing seven pull ups in a row, which I know is nothing compared to a lot of people - but it's a big deal for me, so lay off, okay? Just let me enjoy my moment.

Now I'm done patting myself on the back, and I'll get back to practicing things I'm bad at (i.e. more pull ups, cleans, push ups, presses, etc.). It's not as fun, but what can ya do?

4 comments:

  1. 23:12?!?!?!!! That rocks! I knew you were going to kill that one! Wow! Congrats! I'm not saying anything about your 7 til I can do it, that is great!
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's HUGE progress, Brit. 7 pull-ups is fantastic.

    23:12 - fantastic time! Like I said, I knew you had a sub-25:00 time in you.

    WAY.TO.GO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit, my time was 24:14...you beat me by a full 62 seconds!! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I appreciate it. It feels so good when you can mark definite improvement.

    ReplyDelete