Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Angie with a Broken Heart

Posted on 9:42 AM by Brit

When Fran's boyfriend broke up with her, this is what we were left with:

"Fractured Fran"

9 Round for Time:

5 Thrusters
5 Pull ups

Sure it's still the same Fran, just a little broken up and a little disjointed. Don't feel too sorry for her though. She's still kicking it. All she needed was to switch things up for a bit, move some things around and get through the pain a little faster until she got completely back on her feet and back to her old ass-kicking self. The same is true for most women, and our for our other good CrossFit friend, Angie.

Angie, like Fran, is another staple workout. On a good day, you are supposed to complete 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 air squats for time; however, when Angie goes through a bad breakup or is feeling a bit broken up, she looks more like this:

5 Rounds for time:

20 Pull ups
20 Push ups
20 Sit ups
20 Air Squats

I ran into Angie last week when she was feeling bit down. Her boyfriend had just broken up with her. I offered to ruin my no sugar/no grains diet and eat pizza and ice cream with her, but she was not having it. She wanted to workout instead. So me, being a good friend obliged as long as she promised that I could do jumping pull ups instead of regular pull ups because my long legs make if very difficult to kip in the doorway. She agreed since I was being so nice, and we went on our way.

About 15:30 minutes later, I was done hanging out with Angie. Can you believe she yelled at me the whole time during my jumping pull ups so that I nearly had to rep right through them? I realize that this is displaced anger, but really. Also, she didn't let up about my push ups either. Apparently after getting ten in a row after nearly every round, that sets of two and three are not acceptable. (I happen to agree with her, but don't tell her that.)

Regardless of my current ill feelings towards Angie, I do think I helped her feel a bit better. She seemed rather pleased with herself when she left, almost happy that I was laying on the floor panting. I honestly believe she'll be back to her oldself in no time actually; however, until then, get that girl some ice cream. Seriously.

No Response to "Angie with a Broken Heart"

Leave A Reply