Monday, October 26, 2009

Consider the Ta Ta's Saved

Posted on 2:46 PM by Brit

Yesterday, I ran in the Care 4 Breast Cancer 5K Run/Walk. Overall, I felt pretty good about the race, even though I did not beat my previous time. I came in about 24:00, give or take a few seconds based on the lack of clear timing (there were no chips to measure the exact time). Regardless, my run went much smoother than my 10k debacle. My legs felt loose, despite the 30 minute delay and cold weather, and I managed to maintain a decent pace throughout. I also apparently placed second in my division, 25-29 year olds, as well as placed 12th overall. So that's cool.

I realize that I sound rather nonchalant about my second place win; I do think that it's pretty cool. I've never won anything like that before, and there were over 1000 runners present. I think though that I was more disappointed that I didn't beat my previous 23:12 PR. Regardless, win or lose, consider the ta ta's saved.

No Response to "Consider the Ta Ta's Saved"

Leave A Reply