Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Coolest Thing I Did Yesterday...

Posted on 9:08 AM by Brit

No, it wasn't the deadlift/burpee workout from the Games, although that was pretty sweet. I did the WOD (5 rounds for time of 5 deadlifts (70 kg) and 10 burpees) in 4:57. It was a creeper. Those burpees are killer after round two of deadlifts, and based on my wanting to lay down after only 5:00 minutes, I'd say it was fairly successful in kicking my ass. However, this was not the coolest thing I did yesterday. The coolest thing I did yesterday was teach my Aunt's five year old grandson how to do burpees.

I was downstairs cleaning up my living space (I actually taught him how to vaccum as well - whole other story though), when Connor came downstairs to pay me a visit. He was showing me how he could do jumping jacks when I asked him if he had ever done a burpee. He shook his head "no" and then I took my teaching opportunity. Here's the final result (I apologize for the sideways video... Not sure what happened...):

Although he didn't always jump up on his burpees, I'd say Connor did a pretty good job. He is five. Now all I need to get him to do is eat broccoli.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! He's actually faster than Garth. :)

    Nice work, Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd crush me. But that's a long list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game on - name the date and time - I'm taking Connor down - Haha! :)
    And then we can sit around and eat some broccoli. I love broccoli!

    ReplyDelete