Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You Never Forget Your First

Posted on 8:14 AM by Brit

It was about 12:30 pm when I found out that we were doing "Fran" that day. I was sitting at my desk, checking my email and resting my brain before my afternoon class when my boyfriend text me: "We're doing Fran today. Graveyard Gang [GYG] just confirmed it." Thanks GYG... seriously.

I had been debating whether or not I even wanted to go to the Fort considering that I had gotten up at about three am; however, the text quickly changed my plans for the evening. It wasn't everyday that Fran came around, and despite how scary she is, I was sure that today would be my first time Rx'd. As a result, instead of heading home to my warm, comfortable bed, I went to the Fort to meet Fran (21-15-9 - Thrusters (30kg) and pull ups).

The five o'clock class was just finishing up when I arrived. Fran's presence was undeniable; everyone seemed to adequately hate their life. Even when the five pm-ers left, there was a nervousness permeating throughout the Fort, and with good reason: Like I said before, Fran's main goal in life is to make you hate yours in less than ten minutes.

We were going to complete the WOD in two heats. Kelli and I decided to pair up and paper-rock-scissored who was going to go first. I won (*sigh of relief*) and Kelli tackled Fran first. I counted; I cheered (and I became even more nervous) as I watched Kelli duke it out with Fran and then fall to the floor in a small heap.

Finally it was my turn. I grabbed my bar, telling myself that I was going to have to make up time on my thrusters to make up for my pull ups and trying to control my nerves. All I wanted was to finish in 10:00. Needless to say, I crushed that dream and did better than I ever expected.

Throughout my thrusters felt strong. In regards to pull ups, even though I wasn't always able to string them together, I do feel that I am able to get back on the bar relatively quick and crank out one at time. In the end, I only hung out with Fran for 7:12, which is close to what I did last time with the blue band. Needless to say, I was very happy even if I did suffer from the "Fran cough" for the rest of the evening. Totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. The "Fran Cough" is proof that you went about as hard, or as hard, as you could've gone.

    If you ain't coughin', you ain't workin'!

    Nice work on the RX'd PR, Brit. Long time coming for you and a sweet victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom. It was a sweet victory.

    Nice job on your Fran time too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete