Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CrossFit Total

Posted on 10:41 AM by Brit

Yesterday we completed the following workout:

CrossFit Total

  • Back squats
  • Press
  • Deadlift

You are allowed three single attempts at each movement, in which you want to achieve your single rep max. In order for a rep to be deemed as successful, it must be in one fluid motion. Your total is the sum of each max rep.

I had never done the CrossFit Total before and was excited to do it. I had watched some of the five pm class go through the WOD and wanted to know where I was at strength-wise. Everyone was putting up some serious numbers and I wanted my name right alongside them.

I obviously started with the back squats, warming up and maxed at 76 kg (PR). After that I moved on to presses and then maxed out at 42 kg (another PR). Finally, I went onto deadlifts. I had to beat 102, which was old personal record, and had to beat 105, which had kicked me off the record board. Luckily, I was able to pull out a 110, beating my old PR by eight kilos. Awesome.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my final number (228) and am looking forward to the next time the Total comes around.

No Response to "CrossFit Total"

Leave A Reply