Friday, January 22, 2010

"We all go a little mad sometimes..."

Posted on 8:52 PM by Brit

I realize that I've been absent from the blogosphere for the past month or so. Oddly enough, one would assume that with school out that I would blog more frequently; however, I seemed to take a vacation from all things associated with writing over winter break and am now just returning to your regularly scheduled blogging.

I could give you a brief highlight of the exciting things I did CrossFit-related over break. Unfortunately though, none were all that impressive or exciting (with the exception of my little excursion to CrossFit Rockford with Pete and Stacy, which resulted in some very sore legs). Other than that, (oh... and doing far too many burpees and sit ups on a cruise ship), I cannot recall anything that I did that was overly spectacular (except that I PR'd on my press, clean, and back squat and now hold the record or weighted ring dips).

I can, however, recall suffering from a moment of insanity. Here's exactly what happened:

I was sitting at my desk thinking, as I sometimes (rarely) do, and was poking through old emails when I came across one from CrossFit HQ for the CrossFit Qualifier in February. I opened the email, studying the confirmation number I had been issued for being listed as an athlete's guest and began thinking some more (which, I might add, is almost always a bad idea).

As I was sitting there thinking about all my insecurities and vice versa, I had this Norman Bates moment. It was literally as if someone took over my body, directed my mouse to the CrossFit Games site and then began signing me up to compete in the Qualifier. Little did I know that my body snatcher succeeded. Because when I finally returned to reality, I found that $100 had been deducted from my bank account and I learned I would be receiving a medium shirt as a valentine from CrossFit HQ.

Oh my God, Mother! What did you do?!

That's right. Mother signed me up for the Qualifier. (Lord have mercy on my soul.) However, now that I am in this situation I plan on making the best out of it. I've got nothing to lose. Besides... I like to think that all CrossFitters are a little mad anyway.

We are not, however, creepy.

2 comments: