Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some (Knee) Highs and Some Lows

Posted on 8:40 PM by Brit

I'll keep this brief. Today for strength we did deadlifts (5-3-1+). The first five reps were to be at 75% of your one rep max; the set of three was to be at 87.5%; and the one-plus was to be your one rep max plus any additional reps. My numbers looked like this: 82.5 - 96 - 110.

Now, I did not do additional reps of my one rep max. Instead, I climbed the weight up slightly. I did an additional rep at 111 and then another rep at 113, which I was pretty pleased with. Yay for personal records. It must have been my new knee highs.

After the strength workout we then moved on to probably my least favorite named workout of all time: Angie. (For a rundown of my last experience with Angie please go here: An Ode to Angie).

Now there may be some psycho-- I mean, really cool people that enjoy Angie's company through 100 pull ups, push ups, sit ups and squats; however, I am not one of them. My dislike for Angie is based on the fact that my hands have a tendency to explode whenever she's around, which did happen today when I was halfway through my pull ups.

However, since I am too stubborn to quit, I kept going; I finished the pull ups, moved on to the push ups, struggled through those and then went through the rest of the WOD relatively quickly. All in all, I finished in 26 (something), which was a heck of a lot better than what I did it in last time (32-something). I'm just guessing that Angie laid off just a little because of my socks...

I still don't like her though.

No Response to "Some (Knee) Highs and Some Lows"

Leave A Reply