Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So Much for The Show

Posted on 7:21 PM by Brit

I arrived at the Fort today and was greeted by the strength workout of hang power cleans and a metcon consisting of burpee box jumps and sit ups. Had it not been for the fact that I finished school today, I probably would have been bothered by the hang power cleans and burpee box jumps, especially after last week's debacle (my shoulders hurt for days); however, today I was ready to take on the WOD.

The class started by doing some mobility drills and then moved onto the strength portion of the workout. I retreated into my little corner and began working on the following:

Hang Power Cleans
3-3-3-1-1-1

30-35-45-47-49.6-51.6

To be honest, my first couple of sets were pretty easy. It was when I moved up to the 45 kg that it began to feel heavy; however, this did not deter me. I've been struggling with breaking the 50 kg barrier for some time, and I wanted to push my way through. I figured that working my way up slowly was the way to go. So after cleaning three reps at 45, I went to 47, then to 49.6 and then completed 51.6. Both subsequent reps felt fairly strong and I was very pleased with the fact that I was able to break 50.

After basking in my (I think PR glow) accomplishment, I began setting up for the metcon, which was an AMRAP in 15:00 of ten burpee box jumps and twenty sit ups. Again, I grabbed a box, ab mat, my book and then found my way back to my corner. I set up everything, including opening my book to a blank page so that I could keep track of my rounds. My goal was simply to try and keep a good pace so that I could continue to rep through both movements (that and try to not let Stacy crush me).

When Bill finally gave the 3-2-1-Go!, I was ready to go. I was able to maintain a good pace throughout the workout and was even able to hold my own when Season accidently kicked me in the head. (Just for the record, it didn't hurt). Anyhow, in the end I was able to complete eight full rounds plus ten burpee box jumps and eight sit ups. Stacy still crushed me (she completed nine full rounds) but there was a silver lining. I beat The Show by one rep. Heck. Yes.

3 comments:

  1. Hells yeah! Way to get after it, Brit. The Show's been losing by "1" a lot lately.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drats! I just knew I shouldn't have taken that water break ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Gotta ruin my silver lining :)

    ReplyDelete