Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just Don't Kick the Dog...

Posted on 1:18 PM by Brit

Long story short: The recession is not my friend. I lost my second job almost two weeks ago and after some thought I decided that I would take a break from the Fort. However, mostly because I am addicted and can’t bring myself to work out like I used to (aerobics, yoga and running just aren’t as fun anymore), I am not taking a break from CrossFit. I’ve decided to go back to many a Forts' CrossFit roots and have been primarily working out in my garage and completing workouts posted on both the main and different affiliate sites. I have also had some help from my pals at CrossFit Fire (Yay! I haven’t been forgotten!).

Tommy Mo(hr) sent me the workout below. It was his own creation, and I imagine him laughing evilly when I told him I would do it today. The workout, which I’ve rightfully named after the legend himself, was:

“Give Me Some (Tommy) Mohr”

100 Single unders (Sub: 25 Double unders)
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
Burpees
Sit ups
Push ups
100 Single unders (Sub: 25 Double unders)

I did sub the 25 double unders for the single unders and then plowed through the workout in both my driveway and basement. It was wicked for me (Pairing burpees and push ups – ugh – I was having flashbacks of the burpee-jumping squat-push up workout) and for my dog, Boo. I accidently kicked him Round 6, mid burpee and sent the poor little guy flying across the room. (I’ll send you the vet bill, Tom). I finished the entire WOD though in about 11:40, which I thought was pretty decent when I saw that he did it in 9:38. For those of you who don’t know this, Tommy Mo is an animal and gives nothing less than 110% at every workout. He is kind of my hero *tear*.

Overall, it was a nice, quick metcon and one that I’ll probably do it again in the future sans dog kicking. Keep them coming though, Tom; we won’t get to the 2010 Games by taking it easy.

My dog, Boo, taking a much needed rest after today's WOD.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, Brit! Not about kicking the dog, but about moving through this pretty quickly. I appreciate the kind words as well.

    You should have been breathing really hard with your arms, core, chest and quads pretty well smoked in the end.

    Hit this one again in about 2-3 weeks and strive for a sub 11:00 time.

    To be clear, I am not paying the vet bill.

    ReplyDelete